Tuesday 26 August 2014

Early Evangelicalism: A Reader as a Course Text

This semester I am teaching a new course that I am calling, "The History of Evangelicalism." This is a 400-level elective. Besides using the History of Evangelicalism series published by IVP, I am also incorporating my own Early Evangelicalism: A Reader and Barry Hankins's Evangelicalism and Fundamentalism: A Documentary Reader.

I welcome hearing from other professors who are using Early Evangelicalism: A Reader for current courses that they are teaching. Most recently, I heard from a professor at Southern Baptist Seminary, who is requiring the book for a course in cooperation with the Andrew Fuller Conference on George Whitefield and the Great Awakening. This looks like an exciting conference with speakers such as Tommy Kidd, Bruce Hindmarsh, and David Bebbington

No comments: