Thursday 3 April 2014

2014-2015 LeRoy Martin Lecturers

It is looking as if 2014-2015 will be the final academic year for the LeRoy Martin Distinguished Lecturer Series at UTC. Most likely the money for our lecture series will be utilized for other purposes within the philosophy and religion department. That being said, I am delighted to announce that I have lined up two eminent religious scholars for 2014-2015.

The first speaker is Linford Fisher, who teaches in the department of history at Brown University. Fisher will be speaking on Tuesday, September 23, 2014. The second speaker is Jeremy Begbie, who teaches at Duke Divinity School for part of the year. Begbie is scheduled to give a lecture at UTC on Thursday, January 29, 2015. Once I have the exact titles of their lectures, I will post them on the blog.

I am planning on scheduling at least one more religious scholar to speak at UTC during the 2014-2015. If you could book only one more lecturer, who would you choose? Email me at my contact information with your suggestion.

No comments: