Saturday 25 May 2013

On the Road in June

In early June I begin a five-day research adventure to New England. I was awarded a small grant that will pay for my trip, beginning June 3 and ending on June 8.

I am flying to Boston and then traveling to Worcester, Massachusetts to do research at the American Antiquarian Society, followed by the Connecticut State Library at Hartford, and then to New Haven to visit Yale's Beinecke Library. My last day will be spent in Boston, probably at Harvard's Houghton Library.

I look forward to my fourth research trip to New England. Each time that I go to this part of the country, I think that I have looked at all the manuscripts possible in my field. But as I do more reading, I realize that there are more leads to follow up at the various archives in the northeast.


No comments: