Thursday 11 April 2013

Movie Premier: 42

Tonight, I will be going to the premier of the movie "42," the story of Jackie Robinson. Part of the movie was filmed in Chattanooga at historic Engle Stadium. I am grateful to my home group leader, who works for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, for inviting my wife and I.

The event starts at 7pm with a reception, followed by the movie premier at 9pm. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as there is a tremendous thunderstorm on its way to Chattanooga and scheduled to hit the city at the time of the reception. It is too bad that rain is on its way. Had the weather forecast been more favorable, the street in front of the movie theater was  going to be blocked off so that the reception could take place outside.

Sadly, I will miss tonight's annual C.S. Lewis lecture by D. Stephen Long on "Why Jesus is Not Ethical."I look forward to hearing about the lecture as well as Q & A afterward.

No comments: