Monday 17 December 2012

Philip Jenkins is Coming to Town


Philip Jenkins will be our final LeRoy Martin Distinguished Lecturer. He will be speaking at UTC on trends in Global Christianity on Wednesday, February 20 at 5pm.

For the past month, I have been rethinking my marketing strategy for this lecture series. We have been averaging between 100 and 200 people, which is a good turnout for a public lecture, but I am convinced that we can increase the numbers. Furthermore, I have been disappointed to learn from friends that they are unaware of the lecture series. So, beginning with Jenkins, I have decided to increase our budget on advertising.

I worked out a deal with the Chattanooga Times Free Press to place four quarter-page ads two weeks prior to his lecture. I am also arranging for some billboards around town to promote the lecture, and I am going to work with some Christian radio stations in the area to promote the lecture in addition to the local NPR station (WUTC). I am anxious to see if this increased exposure will result in more people attending our lecture series.


No comments: