Wednesday 12 December 2012

New Books on the Way

The holiday season is upon us and once again all I want for Christmas are books. I have now worked out an agreement with my immediate and extended family so that I can order a certain number of books as part of my Christmas presents.

John Fea reminded me that I need to read Ebenezer Hazard, Jeremy Belknap, and the American Revolution by Russell M. Lawson. But since I don't want to spend $90, I've taken his advice and ordered the book through inter-library loan.

Today, I decided to spend some of my Christmas money on the following books: Lamin Sanneh's Summoned from the Margin: Homecoming of an African, Liao Yiwu's God is Read: The Secret Story of How Christianity Survived and Flourished in Communist China, and James Moorhead's Princeton Seminary in American Religion and Culture (another Fea recommendation). The first two I may use for my projected fall 2013 course on "Global Christianity," and the last is based purely on my interest in Samuel Miller and the founding of Princeton Seminary. I wonder if I can finish these books before the spring semester begins.

No comments: